TR8 replace engine harness

To: "John Fleming" <joflemin@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject: TR8 replace engine harness
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:12:58 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i7IHFxt2028989
Message text written by "John Fleming"
>Now, my problem is how to get the thing in there.  The connections to the
alternator look to be fairly easily accessible but the connections to the
starter solenoid and oil pressure switch are really buried.  I can't even
see them from any angle much less make the connections.  The connection
through the firewall looks equally mysterious.  Do I need to remove the
dash
to get at the connectors?
<

The last time I did this I had the dash out (for other reasons) but I
recall that the connectors are accessible without removing the dash
(something to be avoided if at all possible).  Just pull back the carpet
and search up behind the glovebox and it should be reacable.

It might be worthwhile to remove the catalytic converter but you ought to
be able to reach the oil pressure switch and the starter without do that
(which might result in broken studs).

Dave Massey
80 TR8

Check out the new British Cars Forum: