Trunnion Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunnion Problem
From: John T Nichols <jtnichols@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 05:31:09 -0400
The left front vertical link of my '58 TR3A will not fully screw into a
new trunnion. It binds severely with about two or three turns on the
link above the top of the trunnion leaving a considerable distance to
the seat on the vertical link rendering the seal useless. This occurs
with each of two new trunnions. (These were bought  in 1988 from TRF.
OK, so it's taken me a while to get arond to it.) The original trunnion
has a very badly corroded cross pin so it's not directly reuseable. The
link itself does not appear to be bent and the original trunnion came
off fairly easily. I vaguely recall that there some problems with new
trunnions of this vintage. Is that what I'm faced with here?

John T. Nichols
'58 TR3A TS32093LO
'86 TVR 280i

Check out the new British Cars Forum: