Re: Diver Side Rear Axel Seal

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Diver Side Rear Axel Seal
From: "Wayne Brazinski" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 17:31:50 -0500
Hi Randall -
Of course "I" know what the car is and naturally assumed everyone else did!
<duh>

It's a TR3A - and the oil is definitely coming from behind the hub and
dripping down the backing plate on the right rear wheel.  From what you are
saying I need to remove the hub to get to the seal.  If I'm not mistaken
don't I have to do that to inspect the rear brakes as well - or am I missing
something?

If I can get the hub off I could inspect it to see where the leak is coming
from - but it looks like I have a problem on my hands either way.

Do we have any Illinois listers who have the tool?  Ken - Irv?

TIA

Wayne