Re: impossible to find parts

To: "don spence" <dspence@oanet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: impossible to find parts
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:15:04 -0400
> Subject: hmmm ... maybe this is what we can do for parts
> that aren't  available anymore?

<deleted URL for CNN article about eMachineShop>

It is a good concept, but I have played around with their free CAD software
for the past 18 months, and it is incredibly buggy and underdeveloped.
Because of the software limitations some of the machining processes they
offer are impossible to implement with other operations.  The materials
selection is also relatively poor in respect to some thinner materials.

The local machine shops, that specialize in small production runs, around
here (SE PA) are also a good bit cheaper than the quoted price from
eMachineShop.  Using the local guys also gives you an unlimited materials
selection, and you won't have to wait 3-4 weeks for UPS to deliver a part
befor you know if it fits or not.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke