RE: cam diff btw a '60 & '66?

Subject: RE: cam diff btw a '60 & '66?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:54:27 -0700
Cc: "tri" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> How can I tell if I have the '60 or '66 cam?  Or, what's the difference
> between these camshafts?

Jim gave the valve timings (which is the only difference I'm aware of).
ISTR the Crane Cams website gives instructions on how to 'degree' a cam,
which is what it will take to distinguish such small changes in timing.  (BL
no doubt had some way of marking them, but I don't know what it was, and who
knows if those are original cams anyway.)  You'll also need a degree wheel
and a dial indicator; plus something to hold the cam while you turn it and a
lifter to ride the cam.  Easiest way to get these last two items is to
install the cam in the block.

You'll probably have to measure them both & compare the results.  When it
comes to cams, it's sometimes tough to relate actual measurements to 'book'
figures.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: