Re: Oil Filters for TR3A Spin-ON

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filters for TR3A Spin-ON
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:45:17 -0700
Francis P. Gowash wrote:

>Checking the charts I find that a FRAM PH966B is a replacement but have not
>been able to find one as of yet on the shelf locally. Any comments on any of
>this?

I have been using the Fram PH2870A or equivalent for many years now.
Started using that one because I already had 2 other cars (BMW & VW)
that took it.  In addition to being readily available in the brand of
your choice it also is sized to make a reasonable facsimile of the
original oil canister if painted in an appropriate color.

My question -- if a filter (such as the one I mentioned) fits and is
used on other 4-cylinder engines, is there some reason why it would not
be suitable for the TRactor motor?  I have never really understood why
there is a whole wall of filters of different shapes and sizes.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ