Rat Roadster#1 help needed

To: "" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rat Roadster#1 help needed
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:18:08 -0500
The saga continues - for background- tr3A (ten footer)
Steering pin failed in June - necessitating disassembly of the suspension to
get the part out

everything along the way was worn out, broke busted or frayed.  I am now about
$1500 into a 25 dollar part (sound familiar, friends?)
Thanks to FT, Randall, John Howard, and many others from my archives, I got the
thing apart, ordered parts from Moss, TRF and VB - all of which had some of
what I needed but not all - got the machine work done, ordered some NLA parts
from Paul Oglesby and TEd Schumaker and started reassembly.
Got the entire front susension in ready for springs (upper and lower a-arms,
wishbones, trunnions, vertical links.  ONLY THEN (sound famililar?)

Found out now that I have one bent vertical link.  When turning the spindle
front to back, things move around.  DRAT!
Anyone have a source for 1 preferrably 2 vertical links that are not bent?
I will try Paul Oglesby tomorrow.  I am in almost daily conversation with Ted
Schumaker, will check him as well.  Fearing the worst, I seek other sources.

Thanks in advance.  Seems like I just can't buy a break on this project.
Summer is going to be over before I get RR#1 back on the road.

Perry HAmmock
1960 TR3A 69000LO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: