TR6 flywheel

To: Big Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 flywheel
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:25:24 -0700
Hi All,
Just got a call from my machinist about re-surfacing my flywheel. He's
asked me
if he should keep the step down dimensions the same after re-surfacing
the flywheel.
I've checked the Bentley book and it says nothing about this step down
or even how
much can be safely ground off when resurfacing the flywheel the only
dimension I can
find is a warpage spec (.004). Anyone know what he's talking about? Also
how much
can be taken from a stock flywheel?
Thanks as always,
-jimb