RE: Wheel stud question

To: "'Randall'" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheel stud question
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:17:11 -0700
I am currently doing that very conversion myself but there is one caviat
that I might mention.

The shanks on the GM studs are slightly smaller than those of the
Spitfire and GT6 (and I assume TR6 as well) so they are prone to not
staying in place.  The last thing I tried is using Red Loctite on the
shanks.  I haven't had an opportunity to try the thing out since the car
is still on stands awaiting the rear outboard half-shafts.  But
Hopefully I will be back in business within a couple of weeks.

Joe