Fuel Pressure regulators

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pressure regulators
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:03:04 -0400
Hi folks,

I recently got my TR6 back on the road after a pretty long hiatus.
(missed the convention by about 3 days with it. . bummer)

I got it in 2000 and drove it everyday for three years, including long trips
to Colorado and other places.
Eventually the engine gave out.

I got a hold of a used engine and put that in, then when I started to rebush
the suspension, I found out just how badly the trailing arm mounts were on
the frame.
So now that's repaired and I'm trying to get the car road worthy again.

Today on the way to work . . .  I took off briskly reving it through 1st,
2nd  and holding it fairly high rpm in 3rd for a while.

As I pulled up to a stop light it started dying.  OH SHIT!

Sputter Sputter . ..   Sputter Sputter . . .  Good Bye!

I checked it out for a minute or two . . pulled a fuel line off near the
carbs and turned the key.
The electric fuel pump clicked and it spit a little fuel.

Meanwhile I'm looking at the fuel pressure regulator that has been on the
car since before I got it.
It's one of those inline jobs with the dial on the top.

I remember FT and others saying that there were problems with these . . and
so I'm very suspicious.

Does anyone have any details on which kinds of fuel pressure regulators have
been problematic?

Secondly does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Tilton
1970 TR6 - not quite Everyday. . but hopefully soon.