RE: over heating & heat transfer

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: over heating & heat transfer
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:14:43 -0700
> > So what is the list-thinking about things like "NO-ROISON" &
> > "Water-Wetter?"  Really hot Arizona TR's want to know!

I've tried WaterWetter several times now ... I can't tell the difference.
There probably is one, but it doesn't seem to be very much.  Even the data
on their web site shows that WW makes a lot less difference than the
difference between pure water and 30% ethylene glycol.  WW also does not
seem to resist corrosion as well as 30% commercial antifreeze, at least not
in my car.

My advice is to save your money.

BTW, Bob Schaller was from Arizona and wrote some interesting articles on
keeping his TR3 cool.  If you can find a copy of "BS on TRs" or "More BS on
TRs", pick it up.  TRF used to sell reprints but I don't now if they do now
or not.

Randall