Re: Collector insurance (sorry for the length!)

To: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "DCTRA" <members@dctra.org>, "TTSCC" <TTSCC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Collector insurance (sorry for the length!)
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:53:00 +0000

 < Any collector vehicles used for rally or racing? - YES (I actually don't
> Race of course, but I have Rallyed on occasion!)
> Any collector vehicle used for errands or backup? - YES (I don't use it > for
>back-up as we have 2 other cars, but on occasion I drive it for  > fun!)
>
> Now what???
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations? I am used to paying less than $200.00
> for $15,000 stated value on my TR3. Cost is not the most important thing but
> good claim service is.
>
> Any advice and/or recommendations would be appreciated!!
Jim,
I had been using Parish Heacock for insurance coverage on my TR4 vintage race
car for several years. When I contacted them about my street TR6, they had
several different coverages. What attracted me to their policy versus the
others I spoke to was their willingness to insure my car and allow me to drive
it. I selected a plan that allows me to drive the car 5000 miles per year. I
can't use it as a work commuter car, but there were fewer restrictions on their
coverage than the others I looked into. I had to provide them with photos of
the car and photos of my garage, the car must be garaged overnight unless it is
on the road. With an agreed value of $12,000, I am paying $252/year. If you
select less miles and lower coverages, your premium would be lower. I am
grateful that I have yet to try out their claim service, and I hope I never do.
NFI.
www.parishheacock.com
HTH,
Irv Korey