Land Rover brake question, no LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Land Rover brake question, no LBC
From: Davgil@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:47:25 EDT
To the list,
I apologize for using this forum for a non-triumph question, but I am
somewhat at my wits end with a problem with the brakes on my daughter's 1999
Land
Rover Discovery model.  I recently had the rotors and pads replaced by a
reputable brake shop.  (all four rotors were replaced)  The problem is that the
shop
cannot keep the brakes from squealing.  They have tried five times and the most
recent time replaced the pads with a different type of pad.  I am sorry but I
do not know the pad they are now using.  They are very concerned and have
been excellent to keep trying to resolve the problem, but they cannot seem to
get
this one quite right.  Is there a trick that someone knows or something
perculiar to Land Rover brakes that I can pass on to the shop to help them find
the
solution to this problem?  My daughter and I would appreciate any advice that
we can pass along.
I also want to thank the guys on this list for the constant supply of good
information.  As a lurker, and very occasional questioner, it has meant a great
deal to me to have this forum for advice and support.  Thanks in advance.
David Gill