Re: Cam/Crank wheel Q

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cam/Crank wheel Q
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:36:24 +0100
Hi Gene
A vernier timing wheel is one on which the sprocket teeth are separate from
the boss and bolted to the boss on slotted hole, usually there are six
bolts, by slackening the bolts a fraction it is possible to change the
position of the boss, and therefore the cam relative to the rest of the
timing gear. This enables precise cam to crank timing to be achieved.

Graham.