RE: Stromburg carbs.

To: "Gene" <geneglenn@qwest.net>
Subject: RE: Stromburg carbs.
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:23:23 -0400
Cc: "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, kmcnelis@nmsu.edu i62MPOt2024254
Message text written by "Gene"
>Love your description of the manifold adaptors; that is precisely what
they look like.  Fortunately, mine are Pierce with a drop not as severe
as I have seen on other cars, and they are heated.  Mine are heated with
engine coolant, which, of course, is not hot at cold start up.  But it
never gets cool here until it drops below 99 degrees.  I have the 4 cyl.
in my TR4A and the system seems to be well done.  Coolant comes from the
top right hand corner of the head, tees off of the hose to the heater,
through the aft carb. on to the forward carb, and then loops back to the
heater control valve.  It seems like it would work rather well.
<

The important thing is to enjoy the car.  But wait until sundown.  ;-)

Dave