Truck overheating(no lbc) oponions needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Truck overheating(no lbc) oponions needed
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:47:53 GMT
Hello, the list.  Ya'll have helped me so much w/my TR6, I was wondering if I
could pick your brain again.
  Last weekend, I was out of town w/my truck(Mazda Navaho) and started
overheating.  I bought this truck used, and while it had a small leak in the
cooling system that I couldn't seem to find, I could top off the radiator
w/coolant&distilled water about once a month w/no problems.
  Anyway, I stopped, bought some distilled water, added it to it, and made it
home, but it was overheating, and when it boiled over, it looked like mud
boiling out of the overflow pot!  This stuff looked like it had come out of a
mudhole.  So, I figure that if this is how that radiator looks, it has got to
be stopped up.  So I take it out, get it rodded, reinstall, flush out the
heater hoses, install fresh anti-freeze and distilled water, and guess what?
It's still overheating.  My question is, should I look at a new thermostat or a
water pump.  I've had pumps go bad before, and they always made a lot of noise,
but this one isn't. What do ya'll think?

As always, I'm in your debt!
Bryan C. Loy
1971 TR6
1994 Mazda Navaho