Re: TR4 lack of power at speed

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 lack of power at speed
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:36:39 EDT
In a message dated 7/26/2004 9:00:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

>  However ever since the fateful day I ran out of gas the car does not
>  accelerate and bucks at speed and has absolutely no power accelerating.  I
> cleaned out the fuel pump, and replaced the fuel filter but the  problem
> persists. I believe that the issues is fuel starvation but  I
> don't see that at
> the spark plugs. I can get it to idle very  nicely.

Have you checked the float bowls for FOD  ?

====

OK, I admit it: Randall's got me stumped as to the meaning of "FOD"!  :-)

But I think I'm thinking the same thing he is regarding your problem.
Running a tank dry often results in sucking all sorts of garp from the bottom
of
the tank into the rest of the fuel system. Could be a few flakes of rust or
dirt
 lodged anywhere from the tank outlet pipe forward. Engines tend to need
relatively little fuel to idle. Beyond that, though, they often need more than
clogged fuel system can supply. :-(

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price  Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)