Re: Temperature Gauge Question i69JkFt2006510

To: kurtisj@cox-internet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temperature Gauge Question i69JkFt2006510
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:43:29 -0700
>I think I'm going to try to check the calibration of mine.  The metric
>temperature gauge I have has what I presume to be normal operating range
>marks close to and on either side of the 70C mid mark (I'd guess the space
>between the two marks represents about a fourth of the entire range of the
>dial).  My car typically runs halfway between the middle mark and the upper
>middle range mark, and on occasion (when winding up the hill to my house in
>2nd and 3rd gear) it rises to the upper middle range mark.  If the scale on
>my gauge is correct, this would be somewhere around 78C or 172F.  Seems a
>little cool to me.
>
>Does anyone else have a metric gauge?

I have one on my 60 TR3A. But since I have only owned the car 5
months, I do not know its source - but it does have flat glass.

I live in Phoenix and when I am on the beltway doing 70mph in 1050 F
air, my temperature gauge reads about 2/3rds the way between O & 100.

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr
Glendale, AZ 85308

(+1)(623)376-9632