RE: Stag differential mounts.

Subject: RE: Stag differential mounts.
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:30:24 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com
> <mailto:ryoung@navcomtech.com> >
>
> There's a reason why you've never heard of anyone having the diff
> mounts rip
> out of a TR3, while it seems to happen all the time to TR6 ...
> and Stags are
> even worse.

 Scott Tilton replied :
> Really?  I had heard that Stag differential mounts were less prone to this
> typical TR6 problem.

Sorry, I was unclear.  The Stag doesn't rip the mounts out of the frame,
instead it rips them out of the diff.  There is an extension housing bolted
to the front of the main diff housing, with ears that take links to mounting
points near the outer sills.  I've not had the pleasure myself, but I've
heard from (and seen photos) of several failures of the extension housing.
Supposedly goes from a nice driving car to totally disabled in a hearbeat.

Randall