TR6 Turn Signal Switch

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: TR6 Turn Signal Switch
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:07:37 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i58MN9gs020576
Message text written by "Hugh Fader"
>My TR6 turn signal switch has let out some of its internal smoke. Closer
examination shows that the center pole on the switch is shorted to ground.
It looks like replacement involves dismantling the steering column. Any
tips
on how to make this easy? Anything else I should do while I'm in there?
Anybody got an old part they want to sell or swap?
<

The worst part is getting the wires out of the little (far too little)
U-shaped conduit.  If the wires are in good shape (if the smoke is still in
them) you might consider unsoldering the wires from the old switch and
soldering them onto the new allowing you to leave all the wires in place.

I have no spare.  I am still using one with a broken off plastic end.
(Actually it is without the broken off plascti end since it is broken off)

Dave