RE: Pin in TOB sleeve

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pin in TOB sleeve
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:34:17 -0700
> But then I start perusing Nelson's article on the Buckeye site, and I
> notice "the pin" in the TOB sleeve. I got a new one from Moss, and I
> noticed the little hole in it, and I now realize what it's for, to stop
> the TOB / sleeve assembly from idling on the front extension tube. The
> question is (beside the rhetorical question of why isn't the sleeve just
> supplied with the pin) what to use - is it a roll pin, taper pin, or
> what??
>
> I suppose I could size it with a drill bit . . . . Do I need to
> disassemble the clutch fork / TOB and rig up a pin in it??

I'm afraid it's worse than that ... my suggestion is to return your
apparently defective sleeve to Moss and get one with the pin properly
installed.  I believe it should be a solid, straight pin (not a roll pin),
and be pressed into place ... it's normally part of the sleeve and not
serviced separately.

Randall