Question about battery cables

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Subject: Question about battery cables
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:27:34 -0400
Cc: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net> i5NJUtOK015770
Message text written by "R. Ashford Little II"
>I am in the middle of a project which necessitated disconnecting the
battery.  The negative cable is not the best looking specimen I've seen.
I'm thinking of replacing both my positive and negative cables, and
possibly
the battery, and thought I might consult the list.

While these cables are available from the major Triumph suppliers, I
wondered if I might be better to get them from another generic supplier.
If
so, what specifically should I look or ask for?
<

Since you have an early model you do not have that Power Tap (R) on the
positive cable so you can take that to your local autoparts store and match
it up.  The negative cable is a custom, however and if you want to keep the
original appearance you may be out of luck locally.  Or you can do what I
did and just run a big cable to the block and then run a ground strap from
the block to the body.  Doesn't look original but it works a treat.

Dave