RE: TR4A solid axle

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A solid axle
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:00:47 -0700
> Peter, I'm not positive, but I believe that the live-axle car
> frames lacked some of the "bridgework" that supported the IRS
> differential. If you could locate such bits from an IRS frame,
> I'm sure they could be swapped over.
>

> On the other hand, some would argue to leave well enough alone. :-)

My thought exactly ... why would anyone want to swap a dead-reliable and
quite functional axle for the fragile and cantankerous Triumph IRS ?
There's a reason why you've never heard of anyone having the diff mounts rip
out of a TR3, while it seems to happen all the time to TR6 ... and Stags are
even worse.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (back on the road, WooHoo!)
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver wannabe (waiting for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly