TR6 Broken door stopper hooks

To: Robert Rudolphi <robertrudolphi@netscape.net>
Subject: TR6 Broken door stopper hooks
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:19:11 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i5LDKiRJ018384
Message text written by Robert Rudolphi
>I am hoping the list can help me with ideas as to replacing/repairing the
two round "loops" that keep the door from opening two far. These are
attached to the door and have a pin that runs through them that then attach
to the front fender. Recently the round loops that are part of the
passengerbs side door broke off.  I am concerned one of my kids will open
the door to far and I will then have the dreaded crease in the door. I was
told I may have to replace the whole door. Has anyone had this happen and
is there a less drastic fix?

I have not had the door panel off so I am not sure if it is a replaceable
part from inside the door, and it looks like none of the big 3 carry a part
related to it.
<

I'm sure any autobody shop can fab these pieces and weld them in for you,
it ain't rocket science.  They can use the other side as a pattern.  As an
interim fix you can do what a friend of mine did:  Get a length of jack
chain and attach each end to the door and the jamb.

Dave