Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator - was crapped out

To: <stantr6@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator - was crapped out
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:38:31 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
> List,
> Yesterday, I went looking for such a regulator, as it seems the pump in my
TR6 overpowers the float valves.   NAPA is out of the regulators, at least
throughout north Florida, but PepBoys has one for ~$20.00.  I haven't tried
it yet, though.
> Stan
=====
I have tried these Pep Boys and NAPA pumps many times, do yourself a big
favor and stay away from them, while at the VIR races last week I looked
under the hoods of so many racers just to see what they were running and
almost everyone had the same pump and gauge "Holley", you can order these
from www.jegs.com part number for regulator is 12-804 and for the pressure
gauge is 26-500, the regulator is 1 to 4 lbs and preset at 2.7, I adjusted
mine down to 2 where it seems to run just fine.  "FT"