RE: commision numbers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: commision numbers
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:15:44 -0700
> Outside of the British heritage is there a list of cars, owners, and or
> commission numbers that one can look at and compare your own
> commission number to
> that of others.

Several.  One such is
http://www.vtr.org/TR2/TR2-production.html
which gives TS41630 as the first car completed in 1959.  Another is Bill
Piggott's book, Original Triumph TR2/3/3A, which gives it as TS41668.  Even
though they don't agree, it seem likely your car was completed late in 1958.

> title says I have a 59

I think if you'll look closely, you'll see that your title only has spaces
for "model year" and "year first sold".  CA titles do not have a "year
built" field, I don't know of any state that does.

> but IM finding
> all kinds of things that suggest its a 58.

Just out of curiosity, what things are you finding ?  AFAIK, there were no
changes made between the last car in 1958 and the first car in 1959 ...

> I understand that the
> car may have
> been built in 58 and then shipped

Most likely, it didn't even make it to the US before 1959.

> if that is so id like to fix the registration.

Nothing to fix ...

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver - obviously built in 1958 but first sold in
1959, hence registered as a 1959