Dash pad replacement

To: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Subject: Dash pad replacement
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:11:46 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net i5GDG8gt004682
Message text written by "Adam C Beasley"
>My second question, how do I remove the windshield?  I see in the manual
there are two mounts on either side of the dash, is this all I need to
remove?  Does it slide out?
<

If only it were that simple.  The windshield is attached at either end by a
post and socket arrangement.  The posts on the windshield frame fit into
sheet metal sockets mounted to the bulkhead of the car body.  In theory you
loosen the clamp bolts on the sockets, remove the nuts on the ends of the
post and slide the windshild frame off.

Everytime I've done this one post of another is stuck in the socket due, I
think, to the fact that the paint was still soft at assembly.  I typically
have had to remove all the mounting bolts from the offending socket and
rotate the socket back and forth on the post to break it loose.  This
usually means removing things like glove boxes and ventilation tubing.
Otherwise it comes right off.

Oh, there are three black acorn nuts at the base of the windshield.  The
hold down tabs on the frame and must be removed as well.

Dave Massey
71 TR6 (and others)