Re: Tr3a brake light.

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3a brake light.
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:43:30 -0700
David Templeton wrote:

>I need to make a bracket to install a electric switch on the brake pedal to
>wire in parallel with the pressure switch. The switch I am going to use is a
>spst normally open, like the one used on my truck.  So, when the pedal is
>not being pressed the switch is activated and the circuit is open, press the
>pedal and close the circuit

FWIW, the same thing could be done by copying the switch arrangement
used on a TR4 which has the switch mounted on the front end of the
bracket holding the master cylinders.  That button works the opposite of
what you describe, that is it is normally open.   When the brakes are
used the button is pressed by the end of the pushrod.

Let me know if you want a close-up photo of the arrangement.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ