RE: TR4 excessive front brake drag?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 excessive front brake drag?
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:24:42 -0700
> Well, I spent the evening pulling my front wheel assemblies apart and
> repacking my front wheel bearings.  Upon reassembly, I noticed
> what seems to
> me to be excessive drag on the front brake pads.  I had the calipers off,
> and the wheels spun freely (so I know it isn't a bearing problem).  When I
> spin the wheel, it takes a fairly good heave to get it to complete one
> revolution.
>
> There's no adjustment of any kind on the front disc brakes is there?  Any
> ideas on what the problem is?

I don't remember, when did they delete the residual pressure valve ?

The TR3A/B has a valve in the braking system, that is supposed to hold light
pressure against the brakes all the time.  If your car has the valve (my TR4
service manual shows it on top of the 5-way connector), most likely you are
seeing it work as designed.

I took disabled mine many years ago, and have never missed it.

Randall