TR7 idle too fast

To: "Creig & Kay Houghtaling" <oldtoys@brick.net>
Subject: TR7 idle too fast
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:19:06 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i54CLags001858
Message text written by "Creig & Kay Houghtaling"
>I helped my friend rebuild his TR7 carbs.  This is the 4th Zenith rebuild
that I have done.  So I don't think I have missed anything on the rebuild.
But after we got everything back together I can't get the engine to idle
down lower than about 2 to 2.5 grand.  (High idle was not an issue before
the rebuild.)<

Creig, do these carbs have the poppet valves on the throttle plates or the
separate over-run valves on the side of the carbs a la TR6 carbs?  Either
way I'd check there next.

Dave