Re: GT6 body parts

To: andrew.mcfadden@ok.bc.ca (Andrew McFadden)
Subject: Re: GT6 body parts
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:20:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/3/2004 6:25:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
andrew.mcfadden@ok.bc.ca writes:

> I'm new to the Triumph circle, I have a lead on a 72 GT6, but it's been
> rolled and the bonnet is most likely a right off and the tub it self is
> hurting, does any one know a good place to source body parts for said
> GT6 MK III?  Preferably in Canada and if possible on the
> West Coast,
> but any suggestions are good!

I think most of my panels came from The Roadster Factory( Penn) and Rimmer
Brothers in the UK. Both of these places have web sites. I replaced both lower
front fenders, inner wheel wells, front valances, drivers floorpan, both
sills(inner, middle and outer) battery box, both rear outer fenders with new
panels. The only thing I could not find new was rear inner fender wells. Those
came courtesy of Mr S in Pandora Ohio(a bone yard). They might be available at
this time. It was 10 + years since I've searched.

The bonnets are re manufactured these days but I have not heard anybody use
them. They are available from the above vendors. They are expensive.

> Also any links for Triumph newbies, specifically GTs'

Search the web under Spitfires. All kinds of things will come up. Can't help
with the Canadian vendors.

Tom Beaver
73 GT6
Indy