Re: Replacing an Instrument Cluster - Tool

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing an Instrument Cluster - Tool
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:27:16 -0700
Stephen Peca wrote:

> I seem to recall a discussion thread about a tool used for the exterior ring
>for the lights and switches...

Assuming you mean those small bezels that are notched in 2 places... yes
there is a tool.  I have seen them on eBay from time to time but made my
own out of a scrap of steel.  I have no idea where the dingus is or I
would send a pic... but it was made out of a piece bar stock about the
width of the the bezel and the thickness of the notches.  You fashion
the end with a U-shaped cutout and bend the resulting tips 90 degrees.
Engaging those tips in the notches and pressing the bar stock hard
against the bezel you should have the leverage to turn it.  I 'think'
all the holes in the panel have flats to keep the light or switch from
moving.  Good Luck.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4