Brit Car Week success in IL

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brit Car Week success in IL
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 08:59:54 -0500
We drove the 250 from Kansas City across Missouri to St. Louis, then
north along the Great River Road. Our nine-day trip included staying in
a cabin in beautiful Pere Marquette State Park with hiking, wonderful
back roads and pretty small towns, and a Galena B&B as a base so we
could hike some more and go to the Mississippi River museum in Dubuque.
We had to dodge bad weather a few times, especially coming back through
Iowa and Missiouri on May 30th. We kept navigating for the clearer sky!
The trip was mechanically smooth, except for a reluctant hood latch at
one point. When we finally got the hood open a day later, the car didn't
even need oil.

The Great River Road is a system of secondary roads someone has
designated that parallel the Mississippi River from the gulf into
Canada. Highly recommend it. We're thinking of doing various parts of it
a piece at a time, just as hikers do the Appalachian Trail.
Hope everyone's Brit Car Week was just as good!

Pat Fischer