Advice on Replacing an Instrument Cluster with any abuse report

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Advice on Replacing an Instrument Cluster with any abuse report
From: "Stephen Peca" <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:11:58 -0400 (EDT)
 When I acquired my TR3 several years ago, it came with a aftermarket (perhaps
hand-made) wood instrument cluster panel.  I thought it looked good at the
time, but now it bothers me.   I have a metal instrument panel (unpainted) that
came with the car as spare parts.  I plan to paint the metal instrument panel
with black crinkle paint and swap the two out.  I also have a replacement
temperature gauge I want to replace, so I figure I should do everything at
once. Any advice about the order of dis- and re-assembly of the gauges and
switches? Are there any tips for doing all this? Can I re-install all the
insturments and switches before affixing the new instrument panel or do I have
to re-intall everything once the new instrument panel is installed?Once I get
to all this and I'm done, anyone interested in a wood instrument panel (for a
modest fee)? Thanks in advance.Steve PecaAnnandale, New Jersey1958 TR3A -
TS23867L

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com