Re: TR2 passenger seat

To: "William Scherer" <scherer_william@hotmail.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR2 passenger seat
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 21:18:46 -0500
From: "William Scherer" <scherer_william@hotmail.com>
To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:36 PM
Subject: TR2 passenger seat

> Hi List
>   Is the passenger seat of a TR2 supposed to be mounted on rails like the
> drivers side?  On mine, the passenger seat is bolted to the floor.
>   Thanks
>   Bill in MN
>   54 TR2

Bill:

On the TR2, per seat, there are six bolts that holds the four piece rails to
the floor.  These six bolts are screwed into caged nuts under the floor.
The seat bucket is attached to the rails by eight bolts that are welded to
the rails .  Piggott mentions that there were a few very early 2s that the
passenger seat was not adjustable fore and aft.  Whether the seats were
bolted directly to the floor is not noted but I would highly doubt it.  If
the seat is bolted directly to the floor wouldn't the passenger seat be a
few inches lower than the driver's?  Bet if you look under the floors there
will be some new holes drilled and a few captive nuts not being used.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54 TR2