RE: No LBC now . . depression!

To: "'RobBlubaugh@netscape.net'" <RobBlubaugh@netscape.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: No LBC now . . depression!
From: "Fisher, Curt (ETS - Dixon)" <CFisher@borgwarner.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:58:16 -0500
Rob,
You really struck a sensitive issue with me. I've thought about voicing this
before, but now seems an appropriate time. Rob, definitely find your self
another LBC. Adopt an LBC even if it means stretching quite a bit or you may
regret it later, perhaps more than you can ever imagine.

I grew up restoring, collecting and racing LBC's. LBCs weren't just my
hobby, they defined who I was. It was my lifestyle. After I'd been married a
few years my wife wanted to have children, get a house of our own, stay home
etc. I had always thought we would be DINKS and be involved in racing and
collecting LBCs . But I wanted her to be happy and sold my LBC's to finance
the lifestyle she wanted. The void it left though festered for years. Two
decades later my attempt to be so "selfless" backfired in the mother of all
midlife crises. It did lead to a very severe depression and a great deal of
resentment towards my wife, although it was really my own fault and poor
judgment. At this point I'm struggling to get my self back into the LBC
lifestyle, but it's not so easy to replace what was lost, you can't replace
twenty some years of experiences you might have had. This really has caused
a lot of lingering regrets. It would have been much better for my wife if we
had compromised and I had just mothballed a couple of the cars rather than
selling everything off. I know she now deeply regrets we didn't find away to
include my lifestyle in our plans.

Anyway, I don't want to go into all the personal details, but don't
underestimate how important an LBC can be to your mental and emotional
relationship well being, if it's something you really love. DEPRESSION is
something you want to avoid, believe me, I know. An LBC is cheap medicine!

Curt