Re: starter motors

To: "Jim King" <kingjf@stny.rr.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: starter motors
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 18:58:50 -0500
From: "Jim King" <kingjf@stny.rr.com>
To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 4:59 PM
Subject: starter motors

> Plus, the reason i'm checking on these is because after a long run, if I
turn
> the TR off & then try to restart the starter really lags, or doesn't seem
> have half the pep.  Is this a sign of starter age ? or am I into a
different
> problem ?

Rather disappointed that there was not given a solution to any one
interested in originality.  The gear reduction starters may work well but
they look terribly out of place.  I would hope that the original starter
could be professionally rebuilt for less than the $300 for the gear
reduction type.  I am always amazed when some one extolls how great a new
and "modern" replacement is over the 40 year old unit that had never been
rebuilt.  Can only wonder if it will hold up even half as long as the
original.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana