Rat Roadsters

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rat Roadsters
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:03:57 -0400
You know, maybe it is repressed jealousy from not having any really nice,
complete Triumphs of my own . . .

But I find the driver cars much more interesting than the restored ones when
I go to the shows.
Don't get me wrong .. I like the restored ones too . . . but after you've
seen a bunch of them, you sort of have to narrow your focus to appreciate
the subtle differences from one to another.

I really like seeing an old beater or just a well preserved car drive up.
I'll go talk to the owner, find out the history, do a little automotive
archeology and share stories.

I guess that's why I like the concept of Car Meets more than car shows.
I'd prefer to get together with various car groups and go for rides in each
other's cars rather than walk amongst parked cars with their hoods up on a
hot field.

I definitely like the idea of a "Rat Roadster"  label / class / whatever.
Although I'm not sure I love the name initially.
I suppose if everyone were using it .. I'd get used to it though.

Just my opinion.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday   a  "Rat Roadster" if there ever was one: no paint or
bodywork done on it in the 17 years I've owned it.  And I bought it thinking
it'd be a parts car.