RE: Magnesium Wheels Revisited

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Magnesium Wheels Revisited
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:12:16 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the reply Randall . . .

Although it leads me to another question:

You see . . I've already got a set of those wheels.

So if I were looking for cracks . . . besides just LOOKING for them, what
should I do?

Beadblast them and then buy some sort of dye penetrant that glows in UV Light?
(somehow I doubt it . . since that doesn't seem expensive enough)

Whatever "magnafluxing" is . . does that only work on ferrous (magnetic)
objects?

Is there a particular location in which the wheels were prone to cracking?

Can someone forward this on to Uncle Jack or some other FOT guys who probably
know where they break?

Thanks!

Scott Tilton
Panasports on the car, Silverstones in the garage.