Re: * TR3 Static Timing *

To: "Wayne" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Subject: Re: * TR3 Static Timing *
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:32:10 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i3SCYSRS002317
Message text written by "Wayne"
>On the subject of the proper wires to use inside the Dizzie.  What is it
OK
to use - I mean can I go to Radio Shack and buy the skinniest stuff they
have?  I seem to remember that TRF did not have the pre-made ones when I
called.  That was several years ago mind you - back when I had TS78910.
<

Wayne, I replaced my broken braided wire with a small piece of stranded
wire and it lasted about 3 months.  Of course it broke about 70 miles from
home.  :-(  I bought a replacement terminal (the plastic piece with the
metal terminal that inserts into the notch in the distributor) which comes
with the braided wire attached.

That was 10 years ago and it was a TR6.  I would think this part is
available for your car today but I don't know.  But if you can get the
right part, I suggest you do so in the near future.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8