The Heart of the Matter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Heart of the Matter
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:08:28 EDT
Or is it the matter of the heart?

So there I was, ready to reinstall the rear main cap and new oil seal on my
3A so that I could stuff in some gasket sealer-soaked felt to replace the blue
silicone that the PO used in place of felt in the rear and cork on the front
seal.  All I had to do was get through one day of work last Wednesday and then
get under the car.  Within an hour after a lunch meeting that day I'm laying
in the hospital recuperating from a heart attack, angioplasty and stent job.
I'm interpreting this as a stress alert and message from my body to spend more
time on my TR and less obsessing about details of the job.

Within 24 hours of my "experience", I was outfitted with my laptop and
enjoying reading through the dailying postings on the list.  There's nothing
like
learning and laughing along with others to focus the mind and get the body back
to its normal peaceful rhythms.

My heartfelt thanks go to all of you for your continuing advice and
never-failing, quirky good humor on this list.  Merci!

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A (both about to hit the road for another great season)