Re: ANSA/Monza using Flowmaster

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ANSA/Monza using Flowmaster
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:56:49 -0700 (PDT)
>From some experience (I've bought ONE Flowmaster in my life), I would
recommend the Series 50 Delta Flow and I would not recommend the Series
40 like you're considering (plain or Delta Flow).

For a hint at what you'd be getting with the Series 50, though, listen
to the (2.0 liter) PT Cruiser sound clips at:

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/sound.html?id=aIdEYPU6

Click on some of the V8 clips there, too, to see how much engine
displacement affects tone.  There's no way you'll get a 2.5 liter six
to sound like a 5.0 liter V8.

And just a bit of personal taste: I believe that inline engines
shouldn't have dual exhausts.  Dual tips on a single muffler, maybe,
but not one pipe 2' or further from the other.  Might as well put a
fake "427 Hemi" emblem on the fender.

M D "Doc" Nugent
Renton, WA

http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?d=8&s=89&p=6719&searchtype=ecat&l=FLO