DPO

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: DPO
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:26:22 -0500
We knock around the "DPO" moniker. Let me tell you the latest one I witnessed.

The owner of a Mercedes dealership in the Midwest decided he wanted a TR6.
He bought one and had his dealership do a restoration that would bring
ttears to your eyes and a lump in your throat, it was so perfect. He also
had bought just about everything in the Moss catalog including Webers.
Problem was, they couldn't make the Webers work right. They brought the car
to a friend of mine who is British car mechanic and told him to fix it.
After working on it for several days and not getting it to run very well,
he checked the compression and found wild variations between the cylinders.
He called the dealership to talk to the guy and the fellow who answered the
phone at the dealership said "You need to know that this guy goes through
cars like a duck through water. We won't sell a demonstrator he's had to a
customer -- we auction them off."

Well, when the local mechanic finally got hold of the owner and asked him
about the engine rebuild he said he did not do that -- the car only had
about 60,000 miles on it so it should be okay. The local mechanic delivered
the car to the owner. The next day he got a call telling him that there was
a rod through the block. Today there is a major overhaul underway.

Make of this what you want to -- but I think someday this one will end up
in the top 10 on our DPO list. Or, maybe we should just say, some people
get what they deserve.

uncle jack