Carburetor Question

To: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Subject: Carburetor Question
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:51:12 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net i3GHsDUP024524
Message text written by "Adam C Beasley"
>And final question,  while driving my car, it
did not seem to want to get past 3,000 RPM and seemed to have a lack of
power while driving about 45/50 mph.  I have checked the timing and it's
very close to being correct (it jumps slightly).
<

Adam, have you checked for a torn diaghram?  Also check for free movement
of the pistons.  This is best done with the air cleaner off.  Reach in with
a finger and lift the piston.  It should move up with some resistance but
no sticking and it should fall immediatly upon release.

Good luck

Dave