RE: Spares kit -- what I decided on

To: "'Andrew Beck'" <abeck@ica.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spares kit -- what I decided on
From: "Glenn Coughenour" <gecoughenour@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:23:36 -0400
Based on my experience with a TR4A and a Mustang in the seventies, I
would recommend two additional small parts: points and condenser,
particularly the condenser.  I was a long way from anywhere in the
Mustang [except Watkins Glen] when a nearly new condenser failed.  I
managed to nurse it into Painted Post, NY, but destroyed an also new
muffler with the exhaust explosions.  On the TR4A, I am not sure if the
replacements in those days were poor quality, but I had several fail.
Since I had learned the lesson on the Pony, I was always prepared.  Just
don't let that blasted short little screw drop into the distributor.

Glenn C
1959 TR3A TS31684L [in total frame up restoration]
1960 TR3A TS64803L [driving, but needs work]