Re: removing steering wheel lock on 71 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: removing steering wheel lock on 71 TR6
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:07:08 -0400
In a message dated 4/6/2004 1:27:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> But did you try just grabbing the wheel firmly and yanking it sharply ?
> I haven't, but supposedly this works on most cars of the era, and the column
> lock on my Stag doesn't look strong enough to resist much ...

Never had that kind of upper body/arm strength myself. ;-) Of course, the Stag
might be somewhat different than the Herald/Spitfire-sourced TR6 column and
lock setup? On most Spitfires and GT6s of the era that I've dealt with over the
years, those locks could grab pretty darned well.

--Andy Mace