Re: 2.3 Merkur engine (not Mercury)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2.3 Merkur engine (not Mercury)
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:26:38 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Cc: lstein6@earthlink.net
A friend of mine here in Denver is putting a turbo Merkur engine in a Spitfire.
 He is having to modify the bonnet.  He is doing a first class job of it with a
fabricated suspension using a Mazda diff and disk brakes all around.  It should
be scary fast.
Dave

From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: 2.3 mercury merkur engine

Message text written by INTERNET:lstein6@earthlink.net
>a guy in the parts store told me that he is putting an 85 turbo mercury
merkur
engine in a fiat convertible.  has anyone put one in a tr7 ?  he said they
are
powerful (turbo) and cheap (ford).  what do you think ?  larry
<

They are alos tall.  Especially in the front.  Is your friend at the parts
store concerned about closing the hood?

Dave

P.S. I saw a 2.3 (non-turbo) in a Sprite once.  Fast car but obviously
cobbled up.