Re: Vinyl (and other) cleaning

To: bschwart@pacbell.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vinyl (and other) cleaning
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:02:25 EST
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/29/2004 5:39:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bschwart@pacbell.net writes:
We have just acquired a white, - yes...a white...vinyl convertible top.  It
is in fairly good condition but could use a good cleaning
So - does anyone have any recommendations for a product that as well as the
usual cleaning and protecting would remove a few discoloring (grayish)
stains without doing more harm than good?  They are very minor, but I would
like it to look a little better or newer - The previous owner obviously
didn't bother to keep it in tip top shape :-)

Barry -
I have a white Robbins vinyl convertible top on my TR6 -
i use Meguiars Extra - about a year ago i couldn't find any locally
and i tried everything else i could get my hands on - nothing else
worked as good - i now order it from www.meguiars.com

Cheers
Jack Mc

PS - i have absolutley no financial interest in Mequiars - but its
just amazing to watch this stuff dissolve dirt right out of the vinyl
grain