TR4 o/g gearbox mainshaft

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph)
Subject: TR4 o/g gearbox mainshaft
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:42:38 +0000
Hi Listers:
  Does anyone have any information or experience in having a non-o/d mainshaft
converted for use with an o/d?  I'm specifically interested in the speedo gear
scroll on the non o/d mainshaft that is in the location for the o/d pump cam
splines.  Does the speedo scroll need to be welded up first, or can the cam
splines be cut right into the scroll and leave enough "meat" to drive the pump
cam?  Any recommendations on a machine shop that does this, or do any of you
just want to put me out of my misery and sell me your spare o/d mainshaft?
--
Mark Macy
New Carlisle, OH

57 TR3   TS16942LO