A few questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A few questions
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:28:12 -0600
Hey All,

Had a few great weekends with my '65 TR4A lately.  Last weekend I got
the engine out.  Hoping to finish the tear-down this weekend before
moving on to the body tub work.  As I've gone along I've noticed some
gaps in my know-how and was hoping for some help... so here goes!

1. How do the front and rear bumpers go on the car?   These were taken
off way back in 1988 and I did not do it.  I've got both
bumpers and a lot of brackets that appear to attach them to the frame.
Does anyone know of a source, outside of an example
car, that I can refer to?  Does anyone have good photos?

2. I noticed that the car does not have any rear engine mounts.  It
rests on two front mounts and depends on the support of the
gearbox for the rear.  The rear of the transmission has a mount.  Is
this right?  It seems odd to me that it was designed this way.
Seems like the engine and gearbox would tend to sag in the middle
because there is nothing there supporting the heaviest part.

3. How are the front valances, front and rear, attached the the car?
Once again, these were removed back in 1988 without
my supervision and I have no clue.  It appears as if they are SUPPOSED
to bolt on.  Once again, some pictures would be
great.  What is relationship between the valances and the front bumper?

I am contacting a man with a TR4A who lives near me soon.  Hoping
to get a look at his car to answer these questions.

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

"Life isn't about having, it's about being.."